Saturday, February 20, 2010

Carry my dreams around my neck...


Imagine wearing you journal around neck, always ready to record your moods, thoughts and inspriations.  I've contemplated book binding and am enchanted by this idea created by Black Spot Books.  

I was given my first journal when I was six years old.  I was learning how to write and promptly became attached to the idea of journaling.  Though, there were times in adolescence where I didn't keep a consistent record (my poetry phase took over my writings for a few years.)  Now, my songwriting (that I hold quite sacred) has staked a major claim on my journals pages.  Yet, recording my thoughts on a days events is something that I've always returned to.  At the beginning of this year, I bought a stack of the legendary Molsekine notebooks in an attempt to keep track of whims, contemplations, and quotes in my pocket.  Maybe I'll fill them up with dreams and memories and give them away to the ones that I love, just like Gustav Klimt.








 

No comments: