Friday, November 30, 2007

NOM*D




If Kurt Cobain was a designer he would have made something like this. Nom*D designs around my favorite colors (black, white and grey) with all manner of plaids and stripes and pops of color. Loose and drapey, messy but not dirty and almost always androgynous, the collections are accessable to us non-fussy types. Its like peeking into the closets of those"I'm too interesting to be cool" kids from the 90's who accessorized with suspenders and Dr. Martens. There are t-shirts that would have fared well as Alice In Chains record covers, garments knotted into complicated patterns and chiffon dandy ties that make my jersey ones look dull. Along with their casual and dark esthetic I fell in love with the collection titles ,"Operation Bombshell" "Stiff Upperlip" "Bored Games" and "This is Not a Love Song." Ladies and Gentleman, this certainly is not a label for the "cool kids."













Now listen to the Smashing Pumpkins Adore and check out NOM*D. Be sure to read the info sections about the collections.


2 comments:

SERENA said...

I love the androgynous style!

WendyB said...

Nice stuff! But pix were very slow to download for me :-(